- Two different mirrorless full frame cameras
- Resolution: 24-25MP and 45-48MP
- Similar body size to the Sony a7 camera
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- 4k video
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express
- EVF resolution: 3.6 million dots
- Nikon is putting a lot of emphasis and effort into the shooting experience of the new mirrorless camera. The camera was designed with ergonomics in mind.
Nikon Mirrorless Pricing
- Nikon 45MP full frame mirrorless camera: around $4,670 ( approx. $1,000 more than the Sony a7riii. Will that affect the number of potential buyers that will purchase the new full frame mirrorless...only time will tell.)
- Nikon 24MP full frame mirrorless camera around $2,900
The 45MP Nikon mirrorless full-frame camera is rumored to be announced first of the two around the 100th Anniversary date of Nikon which is July 25th. I’m expecting to hear something around July 23rd. The second 24MP Nikon mirrorless full-frame I expect to be announced at Photokina. My gut is telling me I’m right on the dates....but if it don’t happen, I won’t be surprised, cause Nikon has been full of surprises lately. I would guess after the announcement, Nikon would begin shipping of the new mirrorless camera around the end of August or early September.
Im sure my friends over at Nikon USA Marketing over in Long Island, are pretty busy these days leading up to this release. I expect this to be the biggest Nikon marketing campaign to date featuring social media influencers, celebrities, industry influencers, bloggers, and other key photography enthusiasts and notables.
Let’s Recap This Possible Release
- Two Nikon full-frame mirrorless cameras expected: one with 24-25MP and one with 45 - 48MP.
- Similar body to the Sony a7 camera with better ergonomics and a better grip for steadiness and handling.
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- 9 - 11 fps
- New mirrorless mount, possibly 55mm. The Z-mount dimensions. I’m sure an adapter for the F-mount lenses will follow considering the amount of Nikkor glass is readily available. This new mount could possibly use the f/.095 lenses. That Bokeh....would be Amazing!!!
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express, which the XQD is currently used in the Nikon D850...or maybe an SD UHSii card.
- Initially, three lenses is rumored to be announced.
- 24-70mm f/4
- 35mm f/1.4
- 50mm f/1.4
these are simple hunches...lol...but we will se!
- Between 430 - 450 AF points
- LCD screen is tiltable just like the Nikon D850 (My Favorite Nikon Thus Far).
- There is a second LCD screen on the top of the camera, which is commonly seen in Nikon DSLRs
- I see 8K listed in the technical specifications, but maybe 8K time-lapse just like the Nikon D850.
- Most likely no built-in flash as seen on the higher end Nikon DSLRs.
- Nikon is putting a lot of emphases and effort into the shooting experience of the new mirrorless camera (ergonomics, nice grip design, image stabilization, etc)
- 4K video
- Nikon is rumored to target directly the Sony A7/A7r line of cameras, which only seem right considering the influx of Sony Mirrorless users over the last year.
.... I know I’m excited to see is really about to happen in the coming week as a Nikon lover!